Monday, June 15, 2015

Design Evaluation


The Bad


Let me start off by stating that this is probably one of the worst movie posters I have seen.
Even if we could look past the awful photoshop, this poster is an abomination. It lacks continuity. Especially the subject on the top right. He is basically a floating head. The rest appear as though they were cut from pictures of a magazine and glued it to some paper.  The shadows are also going every which way not allowing me to grasp any concept of lighting. There is also confusion as to the context of the random gun. Or in other words, this poster does not tell me enough of a story to catch my curiosity enough to see this film. From a marketing standpoint, this poster does not sell this film to me. In fact, it does the opposite. 

The Good


I'm not a huge fan of romantic comedies but I did see this one. I think this poster may have influenced me a little there. 

For me this poster works. Its simplicity is what I like about it. It gives me just the right amount of context for the movie to peak my interest without spoiling it.  It's not a photographic masterpiece by any means but it gets its point across. I love the contrast in the tattered suit and dress. Another reason I enjoy this poster and chose it was because it was unique compared to the "cookie cutter" romantic comedy movie poster.
 For Example:


No comments:

Post a Comment